Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name BACTOGARD Has Generic Salt :: CEFPODOXIME
- 2 BACTOGARD Is From Company Indoco Rem. Priced :: Rs. 135
- 3 BACTOGARD have CEFPODOXIME is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name BACTOGARD Has Generic Salt :: CEFPODOXIME
BACTOGARD Is From Company Indoco Rem. Priced :: Rs. 135
BACTOGARD have CEFPODOXIME is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Brand Name||Company / Manufacturers||Strength||Unit||Price / 10|
|BACTOGARD||Indoco Rem.||100MG||10||Rs. 135|
|Company Brand Name||Salt Combination||Main Medical Class||Sub Medical Class|
|From Indoco Rem. :: BACTOGARD||CEFPODOXIME||Anti Infectives||Cephalosporins|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pharyngitis, Acute otitis media, Community-acquired pneumonia, Sinusitis, UTI, Cystitis, Gonorrhea, Skin and skin structure infections, Tonsillitis, Respiratory tract infections, Acute Maxillary Sinusitis, Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Resp tract infections; UTI 100-200 mg 12 hrly. Skin infections 200-400 mg 12 hrly. Uncomplicated gonorrhoea 200 mg as a single dose. Renal impairment: Patients on haemodialysis: Dose should be given after each dialysis session. CrCl (ml/min) Dosage Recommendation 10-39 Increase dosing intervals to 24 hrly. <10 Increase dosing intervals to 48 hrly. Child : 15 days - 6 months : 4 mg/kg every 12 hours 6 months - 2 years : 40 mg every 12 hours 3 - 8 years : 80 mg every 12 hours over 9 years : 100 mg every 12 hours Contraindication ::
Drug Precautions ::
History of allergy to penicillin; severe renal impairment; pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Anaphylactic shock; purpuric nephritis, skin rash, pruritus; diarrhoea, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting. Potentially Fatal: Pseudomembranous colitis; nephrotoxicity.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cefpodoxime binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death.
Drug Interactions ::
Antacids or H2-blockers may decrease the absorption of cefpodoxime. Probenecid inhibits renal excretion. Potentially Fatal: Monitor renal function during admin. Additive nephrotoxic effects with furosemide.