Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name BIDEL Has Generic Salt :: Cefadroxil
- 2 BIDEL Is From Company VERITAZ Priced :: Rs. 81.3
- 3 BIDEL have Cefadroxil is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name BIDEL Has Generic Salt :: Cefadroxil
BIDEL Is From Company VERITAZ Priced :: Rs. 81.3
BIDEL have Cefadroxil is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pharyngitis, Susceptible infections, Sore throat, Tonsillitis, Urinary tract infection, Reproductive tract infection and skin infections
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO 1-2 g/day as a single dose or in 2 divided doses. Children: 30 mg/kg/day in equally divided doses every 12 hours. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 26-50 0.5-1 g bid. 11-25 0.5-1 g once daily. <10 0.5-1 g every 36 hr. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity to cephalosporins.
Drug Precautions ::
Impaired renal function; pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal discomfort; skin rash, angioedema; elevated liver enzyme values; superinfection with resistant organisms especially candida. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylactic reaction; pseudomembranous colitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cefadroxil binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death. Cefadroxil is not active against Proteus, Pseudomonas, Enterobacter, Morganella, Serratia and Listeria monocytogenes.
Drug Interactions ::
Concomitant use w/ bacteriostatic antibiotics (e.g. tetracycline, erythromycin, sulfonamides, chloramphenicol) may cause antagonistic effect. May potentiate nephrotoxic effects of aminoglycoside antibiotics, polymyxin B, colistin or high-dose loop diuretics. May enhance the anticoagulant effect of vit K antagonists. May diminish the therapeutic effect of BCG, typhoid vaccine and Na picosulfate. May attenuate the effect of oral contraceptives. Increased serum concentration w/ probenecid. Reduced bioavailability w/ colestyramine.