Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name BINAFIN Has Generic Salt :: Terbinafine
- 2 BINAFIN Is From Company Issar Ph. Priced :: Rs. 53
- 3 BINAFIN have Terbinafine is comes under Sub class Anti Fungals of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Fungals
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name BINAFIN Has Generic Salt :: Terbinafine
BINAFIN Is From Company Issar Ph. Priced :: Rs. 53
BINAFIN have Terbinafine is comes under Sub class Anti Fungals of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Fungals
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Brand Name||Company / Manufacturers||Strength||Unit||Price / 10G|
|BINAFIN||Issar Ph.||N.I.||10G||Rs. 53|
|Company Brand Name||Salt Combination||Main Medical Class||Sub Medical Class|
|From Issar Ph. :: BINAFIN||Terbinafine||Anti Infectives||Anti Fungals|
Indications for Drugs ::
Tinea pedis, Tinea cruris, Tinea corporis, Dermatophytosis, Nail infections
Drug Dose ::
Oral Dermatophytosis Adult: 250 mg once daily for 2-4 wk in tinea cruris, 6 wk for tinea pedis, 4 wk for tinea corporis and 6-12 wk for nail infections. Child: 10-20 kg: 62.5 mg; 20-40 kg: 125 mg; >40 kg: 250 mg. Doses to be taken once daily. Treatment is usually given for 2 wk for tinea capitis; 2-4 wk for tinea cruris; 4 wk for tinea corporis; 6 wk in tinea pedis; 6-12 wk for nail infections. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) <50 Half the usual oral dose. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity, active or chronic liver disease, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Preexisting liver or renal impairment, pregnancy. Perform liver function tests prior to oral therapy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Anorexia, nausea, abdominal pain, taste disturbances, diarrhoea, rash, urticaria. Potentially Fatal: Liver failure, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, neutropaenia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Terbinafine causes fungal cell death by inhibiting squalene epoxidase, the main enzyme in sterol biosynthesis, resulting in ergosterol deficiency within fungal cell walls. It has fungicidal activity against dermatophytes and some yeast.
Drug Interactions ::
Possible increase in levels in drugs metabolised by CYP450 2D6. Decreased terbinafine concentration with rifampicin; increased terbinafine concentration with cimetidine.