Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name BLASTOPLATIN Has Generic Salt :: Carboplatin
- 2 BLASTOPLATIN Is From Company CH.Bhagat Priced :: Rs. 1795
- 3 BLASTOPLATIN have Carboplatin is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name BLASTOPLATIN Has Generic Salt :: Carboplatin
BLASTOPLATIN Is From Company CH.Bhagat Priced :: Rs. 1795
BLASTOPLATIN have Carboplatin is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Carboplatin||INJ||Rs. 1795||45ML V.|
Indications for Drugs ::
Ovarian carcinoma, Lung cancer
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV As single agent in treatment-naive patients: 400 mg/m2; As single agent in previously treated patients: 360 mg/m2; W/ cyclophosphamide in treatment-naive patients: 300 mg/m2. Doses to be given not more frequently than every 4 wk. Adjust subsequent doses based on nadir of WBC and platelet counts. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) >40 Recommended dose: 400 mg/m2. 20-39 Recommended dose: 250 mg/m2.
Previous allergy; pregnancy, lactation; allergy to other platinum compounds; severe bone marrow depression; significant bleeding, aluminium containing needles and IV sets.
Drug Precautions ::
Neonates; diminished renal function; neurotoxicity; liver function impairment.
Drug Side Effects ::
Thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, leukopenia, anaemia; nausea, vomiting, central neurotoxicity, peripheral neuropathies, ototoxicity; elevation of ALT, AST, blood urea and bilirubin levels, electrolyte disturbances; alopecia; asthenia, pain; cardiac failure, embolism and cerebrovascular accidents may occur; mucositis. Potentially Fatal: Bone marrow suppression and anaphylactic reactions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Carboplatin is an alkylating agent which binds covalently to DNA. It modifies the cell cycle by interfering with DNA structure and function.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of ototoxicity when used with aminoglycosides.