Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name BLEOSTAR-S Has Generic Salt :: Bleomycin
- 2 BLEOSTAR-S Is From Company CH.Bhagat Priced :: Rs. 925.75
- 3 BLEOSTAR-S have Bleomycin is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name BLEOSTAR-S Has Generic Salt :: Bleomycin
BLEOSTAR-S Is From Company CH.Bhagat Priced :: Rs. 925.75
BLEOSTAR-S have Bleomycin is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Lymphoma, Squamous cell or Testicular tumours, Malignant effusions
Drug Dose ::
Parenteral Squamous cell or testicular tumours Adult: 15,000 IU 3 times a wk or 30,000 IU twice a wk IM/IV, repeated at usual intervals of 3-4 wk up to a total cumulative dose of 500,000 IU. Elderly: Dose reduction is necessary. Intramuscular Lymphoma Adult: 15,000 IU once or twice a wk, up to a total cumulative dose of 225,000 IU. Elderly: Dose reduction is necessary. Injection Malignant effusions Adult: 60,000 IU in 100 ml of 0.9% sodium chloride instilled into the affected serous cavity, may be repeated up to a total cumulative dose of 500,000 IU. Elderly: Dose reduction is necessary.
Hypersensitivity. Severe pulmonary disease; pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Pulmonary infection, preexisting pulmonary function impairment, renal impairment. Patients who received radiotherapy, particularly to the thorax. Regular chest x-rays should be done. Elderly. Discontinue treatment if chest x-rays show infiltrates or breathlessness occurs.
Drug Side Effects ::
Fever, thrombophloebitis (inj). Acute anaphylactoid reactions, hyperpyrexia. Rash, erythema, pruritus, vesiculation, hyperkeratosis, nail changes, alopecia, hyperpigmentation, striae, stomatitis. Potentially Fatal: Pulmonary toxicity, interstitial pneumonitis, fibrosis, cardiorespiratory collapse in patients with lymphoma.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Bleomycin causes breakage of single- and double- stranded DNA by binding to DNA and inhibiting DNA synthesis. To a lesser extent, it also inhibits RNA and protein synthesis. It causes very little bone marrow suppression.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased incidence and severity of lung toxicity w/ previous or concurrent radiotherapy to the chest. Combination w/ vinca alkaloids may result to a syndrome corresponding to morbus Raynaud, ischaemia which can lead to necrosis of peripheral parts of the body (fingers, toes, nose tip). May reduce the absorption of phenytoin. Increased risk of agranulocytosis w/ clozapine. Potentially Fatal: Increased pulmonary toxicity w/ oxygen, cisplatin or brentuximab.