Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name BLEPH % Has Generic Salt :: Sulphacetamide
- 2 BLEPH % Is From Company Allergan Priced :: Rs. 11
- 3 BLEPH % have Sulphacetamide is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name BLEPH % Has Generic Salt :: Sulphacetamide
BLEPH % Is From Company Allergan Priced :: Rs. 11
BLEPH % have Sulphacetamide is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Sulphacetamide||DPS||Rs. 11||10ML FFS|
|Brand Name||Company / Manufacturers||Strength||Unit||Price / 10ML FFS|
|BLEPH %||Allergan||10,1.4;%||10ML FFS||Rs. 11|
|Company Brand Name||Salt Combination||Main Medical Class||Sub Medical Class|
|From Allergan :: BLEPH %||Sulphacetamide||#N/A||#N/A|
Indications for Drugs ::
Conjunctivitis, Blepharitis, Ocular infections
Drug Dose ::
Ophthalmic Ocular infections Adult: As sodium: Apply 10-30% eye drops or 10% ointment into the affected eye/s. May be used up to tid.
Hypersensitivity; infants <2 mth. Drug Precautions ::
Elderly. History of allergy or asthma; G6PD deficiency; renal and hepatic impairment. Prolonged therapy requires CBC and urinalysis with microscopic examination. Maintain adequate fluid intake. Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Hypersensitivity skin reaction. Ophthalmic: Burning, stinging, conjunctivitis, corneal ulcers, irritation, conjunctival hyperaemia. Systemic absorption from inflamed conjunctiva. Potentially Fatal: Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Sulfacetamide has bacteriostatic effect on a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative organisms. It interferes with nucleic acid synthesis thus blocking conversion of PABA to the coenzyme dihydrofolic acid.
Drug Interactions ::
Action antagonised by PABA and procaine group of local anaesthetics. PABA present in purulent eye exudates can competitively inhibit the action of sulphacetamide.