Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name CHMPIX Has Generic Salt :: VARENICLINE
- 2 CHMPIX Is From Company Pfizer Priced :: Rs. 1638
- 3 CHMPIX have VARENICLINE is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name CHMPIX Has Generic Salt :: VARENICLINE
CHMPIX Is From Company Pfizer Priced :: Rs. 1638
CHMPIX have VARENICLINE is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|VARENICLINE||TAB||Rs. 1638||STRIP OF 28 TAB|
Indications for Drugs ::
Smoking cessation aid
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO 0.5 mg once daily for 1st 3 days, followed by 0.5 mg twice daily for the next 4 days. Maintenance (wk 2-12): 1 mg twice daily. Initiate dose 1-2 wk before target quit date. Usual treatment duration: 12 wk. May continue for another 12 wk to reduce relapse in patients who have successfully quitted after the initial treatment course.
Drug Precautions ::
Monitor for signs of suicidal ideation or behaviour, or changes in behaviour. May affect performance of skilled tasks. Not recommended for use in children <18 yr. Pregnancy, lactation. Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, headache, dizziness, somnolence, fatigue, sleep disturbances, increased appetite and GI disturbances including vomiting, constipation and flatulence.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Varenicline Tartrate is a partial neuronal alpha 2 beta 2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist. It works as a smoking cessation aid by preventing nicotine stimulation of mesolimbic dopamine system. It also stimulates dopamine activity but to a much lesser extent than nicotine does, resulting in reduced craving and withdrawal symptoms.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased incidence of adverse effects (nausea, vomiting) w/ transdermal nicotine. Increased exposure w/ cimetidine.