Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name CLAFORAN Has Generic Salt :: Cefotaxime
- 2 CLAFORAN Is From Company Sanofi Aventis Priced :: Rs. 27.69
- 3 CLAFORAN have Cefotaxime is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name CLAFORAN Has Generic Salt :: Cefotaxime
CLAFORAN Is From Company Sanofi Aventis Priced :: Rs. 27.69
CLAFORAN have Cefotaxime is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pneumonia, Meningitis, Peritonitis, Pelvic inflammatory disease, Endometritis, Pelvic cellulitis, Gonorrhea, Skin and skin structure infections, Respiratory tract infections, Urinary tract infections, Bacteremia/Septicemia, Bone and/or joint infections
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV/IM Susceptible infections 1-2 g 4-12 hrly. Max: 12 g/day. Surgical prophylaxis 1 g 30-90 mins before procedure. Gonorrhoea 0.5-1 g as a single dose. Children: The usual dosage range is 100-150 mg/kg/day in 2 to 4 divided doses. However, in very severe infections doses of up to 200 mg/kg/day may be required. Neonates: The recommended dosage is 50 mg/kg/day in 2 to 4 divided doses. In severe infections 150-200 mg/kg/day in divided doses have been given.
Hypersensitivity to cephalosporins.
Drug Precautions ::
History of penicillin allergy; colitis; impaired renal function; pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Pain at inj site; hypersensitivity reactions, rash, pruritus; diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting; candidiasis; eosinophilia, neutropenia, leucopenia, thrombocytopenia. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylactic reaction; nephrotoxicity.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cefotaxime binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death.
Drug Interactions ::
Probenecid decreases cefotaxime elimination. Potentially Fatal: Nephrotoxicity with furosemide and aminoglycosides.