Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name CLODUS Has Generic Salt :: Clobazam
- 2 CLODUS Is From Company Zydus Cadila Priced :: Rs. 81
- 3 CLODUS have Clobazam is comes under Sub class Anti Epileptics of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Epileptics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name CLODUS Has Generic Salt :: Clobazam
CLODUS Is From Company Zydus Cadila Priced :: Rs. 81
CLODUS have Clobazam is comes under Sub class Anti Epileptics of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Epileptics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Anxiety, tension, irritability, restlessness, epilepsy.
Drug Dose ::
Oral Short-term management of anxiety, Adjunct in epilepsy Adult: 20-30 mg as a single dose at night or as daily divided doses, increased to 60 mg/day in severe conditions. Child: 3-12 yr: 125 mcg/kg bid increased every 5 days. Usual maintenance dose: 250 mcg/kg bid. Max: 500 mcg/kg bid. Elderly: or debilitated patients: 10-20 mg daily. Hepatic impairment: Dose adjustment may be needed.
Hypersensitivity; history of drug dependence; myasthaenia gravis; pregnancy (1st trimester), lactation; serious liver damage; sleep apnoea syndrome; impaired respiratory function.
Drug Precautions ::
May impair ability to perform skilled tasks and hazardous activities; elderly; renal or hepatic impairment; alcoholics; obesity; withdrawal should be gradual.
Drug Side Effects ::
Constipation, anorexia, nausea; dizziness, fine tremors; worsening of respiratory symptoms in predisposed individuals; ataxia, drowsiness, headache, confusion; loss of libido, motor dysfunction; dependence; visual disturbances and weight gain. Potentially Fatal: Respiratory depression.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Clobazam binds to one or more specific GABA receptors at several sites within the CNS including the limbic system and reticular formation. Increased permeability of neuronal membrane to chloride ions results in GABA’s inhibitory effect leading to hyperpolarisation and stabilisation.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased hepatic clearance of clobazam when administered with phenytoin, phenobarbital or carbamazepine. Cimetidine may increase levels of clobazam. Potentially Fatal: Concurrent alcohol, hypnotics and sedative antidepressants can potentiate CNS side effects of clobazam