Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name COLJOY Has Generic Salt :: Colchicine
- 2 COLJOY Is From Company Cadila Ph. Priced :: Rs. 20
- 3 COLJOY have Colchicine is comes under Sub class Anti Gout Drugs of Main Class Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Gout Drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name COLJOY Has Generic Salt :: Colchicine
COLJOY Is From Company Cadila Ph. Priced :: Rs. 20
COLJOY have Colchicine is comes under Sub class Anti Gout Drugs of Main Class Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain
Main Medicine Class:: Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Gout Drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Acute gout, Familial Mediterranean Fever, Behcet’s disease, Gouty arthritis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Acute gout Initial: 1 mg, reduce to 0.5 mg 2-3 hrly until pain relief is achieved or GI toxicity occurs. Max: 6 mg/course. May repeat course after at least 3 drug-free days. Prophylaxis of recurrent gouty arthritis 0.5-0.6 mg once daily.
Hypersensitivity; blood dyscrasias, severe renal impairment, pregnancy, debilitated patients; SC/IM admin.
Drug Precautions ::
Elderly; GI disease. Cardiac, renal and hepatic impairment; prolonged therapy not recommended; lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain; diarrhoea, GI haemorrhage, rashes, renal and hepatic damage in excessive doses. Rarely peripheral neuritis, myopathy, alopecia and with chronic therapy blood disorders like agranulocytosis, aplastic anaemia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Colchicine, a phenanthrene derivative, exerts its effect by reducing the inflammatory response to the deposited urate crystals and also by diminishing phagocytosis in joints. It inhibits lactic acid production by leucocytes, thereby interrupting urate deposition and inflammatory response that sustains the acute gout attack.
Drug Interactions ::
Reversible malabsorption of vitamin B12 may occur because of ileal mucosal function alteration. Response to CNS depressants and sympathomimetics may increase when used concurrently with colchicine. Increased risk of myopathy when used concurrently with simvastatin. Potentially Fatal: With ciclosporin, increased risk of nephrotoxicity and myotoxicity. Risk of colchicine toxicity when used with macrolides.