Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name COVANC Has Generic Salt :: Vancomycin
- 2 COVANC Is From Company NUCLEUS INC. Priced :: Rs. 345
- 3 COVANC have Vancomycin is comes under Sub class Peptides of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Peptides
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name COVANC Has Generic Salt :: Vancomycin
COVANC Is From Company NUCLEUS INC. Priced :: Rs. 345
COVANC have Vancomycin is comes under Sub class Peptides of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Peptides
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Vancomycin||VIAL||Rs. 345||1 VIAL|
Indications for Drugs ::
Septicaemia, Soft tissue infections, Osteomyelitis, Enterocolitis, Colitis, Serious staphylococcal or other Gm +ve infections, Bacterial endocarditis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Osteomyelitis; Septicaemia; Endocarditis, Soft tissue infections; Serious staphylococcal or other Gm +ve infections 500 mg 6 hrly. Children: Total daily dose is 40 mg/Kg (in 4 divided doses). Infants and Neonates: <1 month: An initial dose of 15 mg/Kg is suggested followed by 10 mg/Kg every 12 hours in the first week, then every 8 hours up to 1 month. >1 month: 10 mg/kg/day IV divided q6hr; individual dose not to exceed 1 g.
Hypersensitivity to the drug; history of impaired hearing; IM administration.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal impairment; neonates, elderly, pregnancy and lactation. Administer by slow IV only. Decrease thrombophlebitis by giving vancomycin slowly as a dilute solution (2.5-5 mg/ml) and rotate infusion sites frequently. Keep rate of infusion ?10 mg/min. Serum trough vancomycin levels to be kept at 5-20 mcg/ml depending on severity of infections and sites of infection. Monitor renal function, blood counts and auditory functions regularly. Discontinue if tinnitus develops.
Drug Side Effects ::
Ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity, eosinophilia, red-man” syndrome (e.g. flushing”
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Drug Interactions ::