Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DENSICAL ALFA Has Generic Salt :: Alfacalcidol
- 2 DENSICAL ALFA Is From Company Cfl Ph. Priced :: Rs. 40
- 3 DENSICAL ALFA have Alfacalcidol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DENSICAL ALFA Has Generic Salt :: Alfacalcidol
DENSICAL ALFA Is From Company Cfl Ph. Priced :: Rs. 40
DENSICAL ALFA have Alfacalcidol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Hypoparathyroidism, Hypocalcaemia, Renal osteodystrophy, Hypophosphataemia, Rickets or osteomalacia
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Hypocalcaemia; Hypoparathyroidism; Hypophosphataemia; Renal osteodystrophy; Rickets or osteomalacia Initial: 1 mcg/day. Maintenance: 0.25-1 mcg/day. Child: Premature infants and neonates: 0.05-0.1 mcg/kg daily; <20 kg: 0.05 mcg/kg daily. Elderly: 0.5 mcg daily. Contraindication ::
Hypercalcaemia, metastatic calcification, hyperphosphataemia (except when occurring with hypoparathyroidism), hypermagnesaemia.
Drug Precautions ::
Pregnancy, lactation, renal impairment, infants, elderly. Monitor serum levels of calcium in patients with renal failure. Caution in hypercalciuria esp in those with history of renal calculi. Avoid in patients with hypersensitivity to inj. containing propylene glycol.
Drug Side Effects ::
Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, lassitude, polyuria, sweating, headache, thirst, vertigo, pruritus, rash, urticaria. Hypercalcaemia, hypercalciuria and ectopic calcification. In case of renal impairment, hyperphosphataemia. In hypercalcaemic dialysis patients, possibility of calcium influx from the dialysate should be considered.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Alfacalcidol is a precursor of the active calcitriol. It does not require renal hydroxylation but requires 25-hydroxylation in the liver for conversion to calcitriol.
Drug Interactions ::
Thiazides may increase the risk of hypercalcaemia. Some antiepileptics e.g. carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin and primidone may increase vitamin D requirements. Rifampicin, isoniazid and corticosteroids may reduce the efficacy of vitamin D.