Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DEXOFAST-SYP Has Generic Salt :: Dextromethorphan
- 2 DEXOFAST-SYP Is From Company AXIS LIFE Priced :: Rs. 35
- 3 DEXOFAST-SYP have Dextromethorphan is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DEXOFAST-SYP Has Generic Salt :: Dextromethorphan
DEXOFAST-SYP Is From Company AXIS LIFE Priced :: Rs. 35
DEXOFAST-SYP have Dextromethorphan is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Flu, Colds, Runny nose, Dry coughs, Non-productive cough, Nasal congestion
Drug Dose ::
Adult 2 teaspoonful three times a day. Children Over 12 years 2 teaspoonful three times a day 6-12 years 1 teaspoonful three times a day 2-6 years 1/2 teaspoonful three times a day or as directed by the physician
Patients at risk of developing resp failure. During an acute attack. Patients receiving MAOI or for 2 wk after discontinuing them. Persistent or chronic cough.
Drug Precautions ::
3rd trimester of pregnancy; atopic childn; child <1 yr; sedated or debilitated patients; patients confined to supine position; history of asthma. Moderate to severe renal impairment; liver disease. Drug Side Effects ::
Dizziness, GI disturbances.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Triprolidine is a potent competitive histamine H1-receptor antagonist with mild sedating and antimuscarinic properties. Pseudoephedrine, an ?- and ?-adrenergic receptor agonist, mediates vasoconstriction via direct stimulation of ?-adrenergic receptors of the respiratory mucosa. Dextromethorphan is a centrally acting cough suppressant which acts on the cough centre in the medulla.
Drug Interactions ::
Dextromethorphan: Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), antipsychotics, anxiolytics and hypnotics, cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, domperidone, metoclopramide, mexiletine, CYP2D6 inhibitors, ritonavir, alcohol. Potentially Fatal: Memantine, moclobemide. Triprolidine + Pseudoephedrine: Increased BP with other sympathomimetic agents (e.g. decongestants, TCA, appetite suppressants). Reduced hypotensive effects of methyldopa, ?- and ?-adrenergic blockers. Increased side effects (e.g. somnolence, agitation) with atomoxetine. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of hypertensive crisis with furazolidine, avoid concurrent use. Increased risk of hypertensive crisis with MAOIs; avoid concurrent use or within 2 wk after stopping MAOIs. Increased risk of psychosis with bromocriptine.