Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DISPRED Has Generic Salt :: Methyl
- 2 DISPRED Is From Company J. B. Chem. Priced :: Rs. 72.00/190.00
- 3 DISPRED have Methyl is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DISPRED Has Generic Salt :: Methyl
DISPRED Is From Company J. B. Chem. Priced :: Rs. 72.00/190.00
DISPRED have Methyl is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Migraine, Miscarriage, Uterine hemorrhage, Spontaneous or elective abortion, Uterine atony, Second stage of labor
Drug Dose ::
Oral: Prophylaxis of postpartum haemorrhage Adult: 200 mcg 3-4 times daily in the puerperium for 2-7 days. Intramuscular Treatment and prophylaxis of postpartum and postabortal haemorrhage Adult: 200 mcg. May repeat every 2-4 hr. Max: 5 doses. Intravenous Treatment and prophylaxis of postpartum and postabortal haemorrhage Adult: As an emergency measure: 200 mcg by slow inj over at least 1 minute, may repeat every 2-4 hr, up to a max of 5 doses.
Hypertension, eclamptic or previously hypertensive patients, heart disease, venoatrial shunts, mitral valve stenosis, obliterative vascular disease. Do not use in cases of threatened spontaneous abortion. Pregnancy.
Drug Precautions ::
Captivation of the placenta may occur if given during the 2nd or 3rd stage of labour prior to delivery of the placenta; use in this situation should only be done by a qualified personnel. Avoid prolonged use. Caution in patients with sepsis, hepatic or renal impairment. Lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Headache, dizziness, hallucinations; tinnitus; nausea, vomiting, foul taste, diarrhoea; hypertension, temporary chest pain, palpitations, bradycardia; nasal congestion, dyspnoea; diaphoresis; thrombophlebitis; haematuria; water intoxication; leg cramps; allergic reactions. Potentially Fatal: Shock.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ergometrine causes contraction of the uterine muscle. At low doses, there is an increase in frequency and amplitude of contractions while at higher doses, the basal tone of the uterus is increased. Ergometrine also causes vasoconstriction of peripheral and cerebral vessels.
Drug Interactions ::