Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DIVINA EYE Has Generic Salt :: Natamycin
- 2 DIVINA EYE Is From Company DIVINE LAB. Priced :: Rs. N.I.
- 3 DIVINA EYE have Natamycin is comes under Sub class Anti Infectives of Main Class Ocular
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Ocular Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Infectives
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DIVINA EYE Has Generic Salt :: Natamycin
DIVINA EYE Is From Company DIVINE LAB. Priced :: Rs. N.I.
DIVINA EYE have Natamycin is comes under Sub class Anti Infectives of Main Class Ocular
Main Medicine Class:: Ocular Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Infectives
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Conjunctivitis, Keratitis, Blepharitis
Drug Dose ::
For fungal keratitis: The preferred initial dosage is 1 drop instilled in the conjuntival sac (s) at 1-2 hours interval. The frequency of application can usually be reduced to 1 drop 6-8 times daily after the first 3-4 days. Therapy should generally be continued for 14 to 21 days or until there is resolution of active fungal keratitis. In many cases, it may be helpful to reduce the dosage gradually at 4 to 7 days intervals to assure the replicating fungus has been eliminated. For fungal blepharitis & conjunctivitis: Less frequent initial dosage, 1 drop 4-6 times daily may be sufficient.
Natamycin sterile ophthalmic suspension is contraindicated in individuals with a known hypersensitivity to any of its components.
Drug Precautions ::
For topical eye use only. Failure of improvement of keratitis following 7-10 days of administration of the drug suggests that the infection may be caused by a microorganism not susceptible to natamycin.
Drug Side Effects ::
Local irritation, conjunctival chemosis, hyperemia, etc.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Natamycin is a polyene antifungal antibiotic which acts by increasing cell membrane permeability in susceptible fungi. It is active against a variety of yeast and filamentous fungi.
Drug Interactions ::
Potentially Fatal: May increase spread of fungal eye infection when used w/ topical corticosteroid.