Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DORINOSA Has Generic Salt :: DORIPENEM
- 2 DORINOSA Is From Company Natco Ph. Priced :: Rs. 2950
- 3 DORINOSA have DORIPENEM is comes under Sub class Other Beta Lactams of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Other Beta Lactams
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DORINOSA Has Generic Salt :: DORIPENEM
DORINOSA Is From Company Natco Ph. Priced :: Rs. 2950
DORINOSA have DORIPENEM is comes under Sub class Other Beta Lactams of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Other Beta Lactams
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Intra-abdominal infections, Bacterial infections, Septicemia, Nosocomial pneumonia, Urinary tract infections, Pyelonephritis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Complicated intra-abdominal infections; Complicated urinary tract infection; Pyelonephritis; Nosocomial pneumonia. 500 mg 8 hrly. Treatment duration: May range from 5-14 days. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 30-50 250 mg every 8 hr by IV infusion over 1 hr 11-29 250 mg every 12 hr by IV infusion over 1 hr
Hypersensitivity; anaphylactic reactions to beta-lactams.
Drug Precautions ::
May decrease serum concentration of valproic acid to below therapeutic range thus increasing risk of breakthrough seizure; consider alternative antimicrobial agents or additional anti-seizure medications if concurrent usage is necessary. Prolonged use may result in Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea (CDAD). May cause development of drug-resistant bacteria when used in the absence of proven or strongly suspected bacterial infection. Renal impairment. Safety and efficacy have not been established in patients <18 yr old. Drug Side Effects ::
Headache, nausea, diarrhoea, rash, phlebitis, elevated hepatic enzymes, oral candidiasis, anaemia, vulvomycotic infection, renal impairment, neutropenia, leucopenia, thrombocytopenia. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis, toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, interstitial pneumonia, seizure.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Doripenem is a broad-spectrum carbapenem with potent in vitro antibacterial activity against aerobic and anaerobic gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria including Pseudomonas aeruginosa. It inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis by binding to penicillin-binding proteins; which in turn inhibits the final transpeptidase step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell walls.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased plasma concentration w/ probenecid. May decrease plasma levels of valproic acid thus, increasing the risk of seizures.