Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DOXOVENT Has Generic Salt :: DOXOFYLLINE
- 2 DOXOVENT Is From Company MAJESTA Priced :: Rs. 39
- 3 DOXOVENT have DOXOFYLLINE is comes under Sub class Drugs For Asthma,COPD,ARDS of Main Class Respiratory System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Respiratory System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs For Asthma,COPD,ARDS
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DOXOVENT Has Generic Salt :: DOXOFYLLINE
DOXOVENT Is From Company MAJESTA Priced :: Rs. 39
DOXOVENT have DOXOFYLLINE is comes under Sub class Drugs For Asthma,COPD,ARDS of Main Class Respiratory System
Main Medicine Class:: Respiratory System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs For Asthma,COPD,ARDS
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and bronchial asthma
Drug Dose ::
Adults: 1 to 3 times a day.Dosage of Doxofylline depends on patient’s response to the medication. If a patient has been advised to dose once a day, he or she may be directed to do so in the evenings to reduce nocturnal symptoms. Elderly: The dosage may be decreased according to medical prescription in the very elderly patients with concomitant cardiovascular, hepatic, renal and gastric disease, to ½ tablet b.i.d/ t.i.d. Child: Children >12 years – 200 mg 2 or 3 times daily. (½ tablet b.i.d/ t.i.d)
This is contraindicated for individuals who have shown hypersensitivity to Doxofylline and its components. It is also contraindicated in patients with acute myocardial infarction, hypotension, and in lactating women.
Drug Precautions ::
Use with caution in patients with hypoxemia, hyperthyroidism, liver disease, renal disease, in those with history of peptic ulcer and in elderly. Frequently, patients with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) have markedly prolonged drug serum levels following discontinuation of Doxofylline.
Drug Side Effects ::
After xanthine administration, nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, cephalalgia, irritability, insomnia, tachycardia, extrasystole, tachypnea and occasionally, hyperglycemia and albuminuria, may occur. If a potential oral overdose is established, the patient may present with severe arrhythmias and seizure; these symptoms could be the first sign of an intoxication. Adverse reactions may cause the withdrawal from treatment; a lower dose rechallenge may start only after the advice of a physician.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Doxofylline is a theophylline derivative. Similarly, its mechanism of action is related to the inhibition of phosphodiesterase activities, resulting in bronchodilating effects.
Drug Interactions ::
Other xanthine derivatives, ephedrine, phenytoin & other anticonvulsants, erythromycin, troleandomycin, lincomycin, clindamycin, allopurinol, cimetidine, ranitidine, propranolol, flu vaccine.