Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DUTALFA Has Generic Salt :: ALFUZOSIN
- 2 DUTALFA Is From Company DR. REDDY’S Priced :: Rs. 175
- 3 DUTALFA have ALFUZOSIN is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DUTALFA Has Generic Salt :: ALFUZOSIN
DUTALFA Is From Company DR. REDDY’S Priced :: Rs. 175
DUTALFA have ALFUZOSIN is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
Drug Dose ::
Oral Benign prostatic hyperplasia Adult: 2.5 mg tid. Max: 10 mg/day. 1st dose should be given before bedtime. Extended-release: 10 mg once daily. Elderly: Initially, 2.5 mg bid. Acute urinary retention: Extended-release: 10 mg once daily to be taken from 1st day of catheterisation. Duration: 3-4 days. Hepatic impairment: Mild to moderate: Initially, 2.5 mg daily, may increase to 2.5 mg bid according to response. Severe: Contraindicated.
Severe hepatic impairment; history of postural hypotension and micturition syncope; intestinal occlusion; severe renal insufficiency; lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Elderly; hypertension; coronary insufficiency; angina (discontinue); renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor BP regularly. May affect ability to drive or operate machinery.
Drug Side Effects ::
Drowsiness, postural hypotension, syncope, asthenia, depression, headache, dry mouth, GI disturbances, edema, blurred vision, rhinitis, erectile disorders, tachycardia, palpitation, hypersensitivity reactions; flushes; chest pain; dizziness; lack of energy.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Alfuzosin is a quinazoline derivative which exhibits selectivity for ?1-adrenergic receptors in the lower urinary tract. Blockade of these adrenoreceptors causes relaxation of smooth muscle in the bladder neck and prostate, resulting in improvement in urine flow and a reduction in symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Drug Interactions ::
Additive effect on QT interval prolongation when used w/ QT-prolonging drugs. Concomitant admin w/ other ?1-adrenergic blocking agents, atenolol or diltiazem may result in additive CV effects. Increased plasma alfuzosin concentrations w/ cimetidine. Potentially Fatal: Concurrent use w/ potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir) increase plasma alfuzosin levels.