Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name EFCURE ORAL Has Generic Salt :: Efavirenz
- 2 EFCURE ORAL Is From Company Emcure Priced :: Rs. 270.3
- 3 EFCURE ORAL have Efavirenz is comes under Sub class Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV) of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV)
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name EFCURE ORAL Has Generic Salt :: Efavirenz
EFCURE ORAL Is From Company Emcure Priced :: Rs. 270.3
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Oral HIV infection Adult: Combined with other antiretrovirals: 600 mg once daily. Dosing at bedtime recommended during 1st 2-4 wk of therapy to improve tolerability. Child: Combined with other antiretrovirals: >3 yr, 10-14 kg: 200 mg; 15-19 kg: 250 mg; 20-24 kg: 300 mg; 25-32.4 kg: 350 mg; 32.5-39 kg: 400 mg; ?40 kg: 600 mg. To be taken once daily.
Severe hepatic impairment; hypersensitivity; lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Mild to moderate liver disease; renal impairment. Monitor liver enzymes and cholesterol. Discontinue if severe skin rash or fever develops; known or suspected hepatitis B or infection. History of mental illness or seizures; elderly. Pregnancy. Children.
Drug Side Effects ::
Rash including Stevens-Johnson syndrome and erythema multiforme; CNS effects e.g. dizziness, headache, insomnia, somnolence, abnormal dreams, fatigue, impaired concentration. Nausea, less frequently, vomiting, diarrhoea, hepatitis, depression, anxiety, psychosis, amnesia and ataxia, stupor, vertigo, abdominal pain, hepatic failure, pancreatitis, convulsions, gynaecomastia, pruritus, blurred vision.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Efavirenz, a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor with activity against HIV, blocks the RNA-dependent and DNA-dependent polymerase activities including HIV replication.
Drug Interactions ::
Hormonal contraceptives; antibacterial e.g. rifampicin, rifabutin, clarithromycin; enzyme inducers. St. John’s wort may decrease serum level. Ethanol (hepatic and CNS adverse effects). Potentially Fatal: Life-threatening adverse effects when used with terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride, midazolam, triazolam and ergot alkaloids.