Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ELDAZOLE Has Generic Salt :: Diloxanide
- 2 ELDAZOLE Is From Company Elder Priced :: Rs. 28.2
- 3 ELDAZOLE have Diloxanide is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ELDAZOLE Has Generic Salt :: Diloxanide
ELDAZOLE Is From Company Elder Priced :: Rs. 28.2
ELDAZOLE have Diloxanide is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 500 mg 3 times/day for 10 days. May repeat course if needed. Child: >25 kg: 20 mg/kg daily in 3 divided doses for 10 days, repeated if necessary.
Drug Precautions ::
Caution should be exercised in pregnant and breastfeeding women. Avoid excess dosage.
Drug Side Effects ::
The frequency of these side-effects is unknown 1. flatulence 2. itching 3. urticaria 4. vomiting
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Diloxanide is a luminal amoebicide which is hydrolysed in the gut, thus releasing the free diloxanide which acts as an amoebicide. It is given alone in asymptomatic cyst passers. For patients with active amoebic infections, it can be administered with a 5-nitroimidazole e.g. metronidazole or tinidazole.
Drug Interactions ::