Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name EMTB Has Generic Salt :: Ethambutol
- 2 EMTB Is From Company Emcure Priced :: Rs. 39.6
- 3 EMTB have Ethambutol is comes under Sub class Drugs for Tuberculosis of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Tuberculosis
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name EMTB Has Generic Salt :: Ethambutol
EMTB Is From Company Emcure Priced :: Rs. 39.6
EMTB have Ethambutol is comes under Sub class Drugs for Tuberculosis of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Tuberculosis
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Oral Primary treatment of pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis Adult: As hydrochloride: Initial 8 wk: 15 mg/kg/day or 30 mg/kg thrice wkly given with isoniazid, rifampicin and pyrazinamide. For patients with history of antimycobacterial therapy: Initial doses: 25 mg/kg/day for 60 days, thereafter reduce to 15 mg/kg/day. Child: For treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis: 15-25 mg/kg daily or 50 mg/kg twice wkly. For congenitally acquired tuberculosis: Neonates: 15 mg/kg once daily and >1 mth: 15 mg/kg once daily or 30 mg/kg 3 times wkly for 2 mth initial treatment phase.
Hypersensitivity; optic neuritis. Lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Impaired pre-treatment visual acuity, elderly, children. Perform liver, kidney and visual acuity tests regularly. Caution when assessing visual acuity in patients with cataracts, DM, recurrent eye inflammation to make sure that changes are not due to the underlying causes.
Drug Side Effects ::
Retrobulbar neuritis with a reduction in visual acuity, constriction of visual field, central or peripheral scotoma and green-red colour blindness. Retinal haemorrhage (rare); reduced renal clearance of urates (acute gout); GI disturbances eg, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, anorexia; rash, headache, dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, malaise, jaundice; thrombocytopenia; pulmonary infiltrates.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ethambutol interferes with RNA synthesis, causing suppression of Mycobacteria multiplication. It also has bacteriostatic action against M tuberculosis by acting on rapidly growing pathogens in cavity walls and is also effective in slow-growing pathogens. Has some action against atypical opportunistic Mycobacteria e.g. M kansasii, M avium complex (MAC).
Drug Interactions ::
Delayed or reduced absorption w/ Al hydroxide.