Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ENTALIV ‘S Has Generic Salt :: ENTECAVIR
- 2 ENTALIV ‘S Is From Company Dr.Reddy’S Priced :: Rs. 2250
- 3 ENTALIV ‘S have ENTECAVIR is comes under Sub class Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV) of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV)
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ENTALIV ‘S Has Generic Salt :: ENTECAVIR
ENTALIV ‘S Is From Company Dr.Reddy’S Priced :: Rs. 2250
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Chronic hepatitis B
Drug Dose ::
The recommended dose of Entecavir for chronic hepatitis B virus infection in nucleoside-treatment-naive adults and adolescents 16 years of age is 0.5 mg once daily. For Lamivudine-refractory or known Lamivudine or Telbivudine resistance mutations, the recommended dose of Entecavir is 1 mg once daily. For patients with decompensated liver disease (adult) the recommended dose of Entecavir is 1 mg once daily. Entecavir should be administered on an empty stomach (at least 2 hours after a meal or 2 hours before the next meal). Dose Adjustment in Renal impairment: Dose adjustment is recommended for patients with creatinine clearance <50 mL/min. Dosing interval adjustment of Entecavir in patients with renal impairment Creatinine clearance(mL/min) >= 50 30 to < 50 10 to < 30 < 10 Hemodialysis or CAPD Recommended dose and dosing interval 0.5 mg every 24 hours 0.5 mg every 48 hours 0.5 mg every 72 hours 0.5 mg every 7 days Pediatric Use: Safety and effectiveness of Entecavir in pediatric patients below the age of 16 years have not been established. Geriatric Use: Clinical studies of Entecavir did not include sufficient numbers of subjects aged 65 years and over to determine whether they respond differently from younger subjects. But care should be taken in dose selection, and it may be useful to monitor renal function. Contraindication ::
Entecavir is contraindicated in patients with previously demonstrated hypersensitivity to Entecavir or any component of the product.
Drug Precautions ::
Lactic acidosis: Lactic acidosis and severe hepatomegaly with steatosis, including fatal cases have been reported with the use of nucleoside analogues alone or in combination with antiretrovirals.Exacerbations of hepatitis after discontinuation of treatment: Severe acute exacerbations of hepatitis B have been reported in patients who have discontinued anti-hepatitis B therapy, including Entecavir.
Drug Side Effects ::
The most common adverse events are headache, fatigue, dizziness and nausea.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Selective HBV DNA polymerase inhibitor; inhibition blocks reverse transcriptase activity, which in turn reduces viral DNA synthesis
Drug Interactions ::
Drugs that reduce renal function or compete for active tubular secretion may increase serum conc of either entecavir or co-administered drug.