Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ERTEM Has Generic Salt :: ERTAPENEM
- 2 ERTEM Is From Company Lupin Priced :: Rs. 2400
- 3 ERTEM have ERTAPENEM is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ERTEM Has Generic Salt :: ERTAPENEM
ERTEM Is From Company Lupin Priced :: Rs. 2400
ERTEM have ERTAPENEM is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Intra-abdominal infections, Community-acquired pneumonia, Skin and skin structure infections, Urinary tract infections, Pyelonephritis, Surgical infections, Diabetic foot infections, Septic abortion
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Surgical prophylaxis 1 g as a single dose, 1 hr before start of procedure. IV/IM Susceptible infections 1 g once daily.
Drug Precautions ::
Hypersensitivity to penicillins, cephalosporins or other beta-lactams (possibility of cross-sensitivity). Renal impairment; CNS disorders e.g. epilepsy. Pregnancy.
Drug Side Effects ::
GI effects, injection-site reactions, raised platelet count; less frequently dry mouth, taste disturbances; hypotension, chest pain, oedema, pharyngeal discomfort, dyspnoea, dizziness, sleep disturbances, confusion, asthenia, seizures, vaginitis, raised glucose; headache; hypersensitivity reactions; antibiotic-associated colitis; dysphagia, cholecystitis; liver disorder; arrhythmia; increase in blood pressure; syncope; nasal congestion; cough; wheezing; CNS effects; pelvic peritonitis; renal impairment; muscle cramp, scleral disorder; blood disorders, hypoglycaemia; electrolyte disturbances. Local site reactions such as pain and thrombophlebitis may occur. Potentially Fatal: Pseudomembranous colitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ertapenem acts similarly to penicillins by bacterial cell wall inhibition. It is active against many gram-negative and aerobic and anaerobic organisms. It is stable to hydrolysis by ?-lactamases.
Drug Interactions ::
May decrease plasma levels of valproic acid thus, increasing the risk of seizures. Increased plasma concentrations w/ probenecid.