Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FABOLITE Has Generic Salt :: Ispaghula
- 2 FABOLITE Is From Company Nicholas Priced :: Rs. 72
- 3 FABOLITE have Ispaghula is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FABOLITE Has Generic Salt :: Ispaghula
FABOLITE Is From Company Nicholas Priced :: Rs. 72
FABOLITE have Ispaghula is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Constipation Initial: 10-20 g (15-30 mL)/day. Max: 45 mL (or 40 g of the reconstituted oral formulation)/day. Hepatic encephalopathy 60-100 g (90-150 mL)/day in 3 divided doses; adjust accordingly. Rectal Hepatic encephalopathy Mix 200 g (300 mL w/ 700 mL water or 0.9% NaCl as a retention enema. Retain enema for 30-60 mins; repeat 4-6 hrly until oral medication can be administered.
Galactosaemia, intestinal obstruction. Patients on low galactose diet.
Drug Precautions ::
Monitor electrolyte imbalance. Lactose intolerance; diabetics.
Drug Side Effects ::
Diarrhoea (dose-related), nausea, vomiting, hypokalaemia, bloating and abdominal cramps. Potentially Fatal: Dehydration and hypernatraemia on aggressive treatment.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Absorbs water in the GI tract to form a mucilaginous mass which increases the volume of faeces and hence promotes peristalsis.
Drug Interactions ::