Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FEBUSTAT Has Generic Salt :: FEBUXOSTAT
- 2 FEBUSTAT Is From Company Piramal Hc. Priced :: Rs. 120
- 3 FEBUSTAT have FEBUXOSTAT is comes under Sub class Anti Gout Drugs of Main Class Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Gout Drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FEBUSTAT Has Generic Salt :: FEBUXOSTAT
FEBUSTAT Is From Company Piramal Hc. Priced :: Rs. 120
FEBUSTAT have FEBUXOSTAT is comes under Sub class Anti Gout Drugs of Main Class Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain
Main Medicine Class:: Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Gout Drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
For treatment of hyperuricemia in patients with gout, Febuxostat is recommended at 40 mg or 80 mg once daily. The recommended starting dose of Febuxostat is 40 mg once daily. For patients who do not achieve a serum uric acid (sUA) less than 6 mg per dL after 2 weeks with 40 mg, Febuxostat 80 mg is recommended. No dose adjustment is necessary when administering Febuxostat to patients with mild to moderate renal or hepatic impairment. Use in Children Safety and efficacy in children below the age of 12 years have not been studied.
Patients being treated with azathioprine, mercaptopurine, or theophylline.
Drug Precautions ::
Gout Flare: An increase in gout flares is frequently observed during initiation of anti-hyperuricemic agents, including Febustat. If a gout flare occurs during treatment, Febustat need not be discontinued. Prophylactic therapy (i.e., non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) or colchicine upon initiation of treatment) may be beneficial for up to six months.
Drug Side Effects ::
The most common side effects of Febustat are liver problems, nausea, gout flares, joint pain and rash.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Febuxostat selectively inhibits xanthine oxidase, the enzyme that catalyses the conversion of hypoxanthine to xanthine to uric acid, thereby decreasing serum concentrations of uric acid.
Drug Interactions ::
May increase plasma conc of mercaptopurine, azathioprine. Alteration of metabolism of xanthine oxidase substrate drugs (eg theophylline).