Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FEVORIT Has Generic Salt :: Cefixime
- 2 FEVORIT Is From Company Indoco Rem. Priced :: Rs. 45
- 3 FEVORIT have Cefixime is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FEVORIT Has Generic Salt :: Cefixime
FEVORIT Is From Company Indoco Rem. Priced :: Rs. 45
FEVORIT have Cefixime is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Cefixime||LB SYR||Rs. 45||30ML|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pneumonia, Pharyngitis, Typhoid fever, Susceptible infections , Sinusitis, Otitis media, Tonsillitis, Soft tissue infections, Respiratory tract infections, Acute Exacerbations of Chronic bronchitis, Gonococcal urethritis, Acute bronchitis
Drug Dose ::
Adult and child over 12 years: 200 or 400 mg daily as a single dose or in two divided doses Gonorrhea: 400 mg as a single dose. Powder for Suspension & DS Powder for Suspension: Children above 6 months: 8 mg/kg daily in 1-2 divided doses or 6 months-1year: 75 mg daily 1-4 years: 100 mg daily 5-10 years: 200 mg daily Typhoid fever: 20 mg/kg body weight daily in two divided dose for 8 days. The usual treatment of Cefixime is 7 days. This may be continued for up to 14 days according to the severity of infection. Renal impairment: Dose reduction is necessary. CrCl (ml/min) <20 Max: 200 mg daily. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity to cephalosporin.
Drug Precautions ::
History of allergy to penicillins; pregnancy, lactation; renal failure; GI disease.
Drug Side Effects ::
Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain; headache, dizziness, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia. Potentially Fatal: Pseudomembranous colitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cefixime binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased concentrations with probenecid. Potentially Fatal: May increase prothrombin time with anticoagulants.