Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FLORAC Has Generic Salt :: Fluorouracil
- 2 FLORAC Is From Company Cadila Ph. Priced :: Rs. 10.30/19.00
- 3 FLORAC have Fluorouracil is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FLORAC Has Generic Salt :: Fluorouracil
FLORAC Is From Company Cadila Ph. Priced :: Rs. 10.30/19.00
FLORAC have Fluorouracil is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Malignant neoplasm, Basal cell carcinoma, Oesophageal carcinoma
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Palliation of malignant neoplasms 12 mg/kg/day (max: 0.8-1g/day) for 3-4 days, if no toxicity occurs, may be followed after 1 day w/ 6 mg/kg on alternate days for another 3-4 doses. May repeat course 4-6 wk later or maintenance doses of 5-15 mg/kg (max: 1 g) may be given wkly. As an infusion: 15 mg/kg/day (max: 1 g/day), continue until toxicity occurs or a total of 12-15 g is given. May repeat course 4-6 wk later. Intra-arterial Palliation of malignant neoplasms 5-7.5 mg/kg/day as continuous infusion (regional perfusion). Child: Safety & efficacy not established.
Hypersensitivity. Depressed bone marrow function, poor nutritional status, potentially serious infections. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Regular monitoring of blood counts. History of heart disease, hepatic or renal insufficiency, weak or malnourished patients, patients who with history of high-dose pelvic radiation or use of alkylating agents. Patients with widespread metastases to the bone marrow.
Drug Side Effects ::
Leucopenia, thrombocytopaenia, stomatitis, GI ulceration, bleeding and diarrhoea, haemorrhage from any site (stop treatment). Nausea, vomiting, rashes, hyperpigmentation, alopecia. Topical: Local inflammatory and photosensitivity reactions. Dermatitis and erythema multiforme (rare). Potentially Fatal: Central neurotoxicity, myocardial ischaemia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Fluorouracil interferes with DNA synthesis by blocking the conversion of deoxyuridylic acid to thymidylic acid. It also interferes with RNA synthesis. This results in an unbalanced growth of the cells. Fluorouracil exerts greater effect on rapidly growing cells as they take up the drug at a faster rate.
Drug Interactions ::
May increase warfarin effects. May reduce response to vaccines; possibility of generalized infection with live vaccines. Action may be modified by allopurinol. Leucovorin calcium may enhance the toxicity of fluorouracil.