Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FLUANXOL DEPOT Has Generic Salt :: Flupentixol
- 2 FLUANXOL DEPOT Is From Company Lundbeck Priced :: Rs. 97.7
- 3 FLUANXOL DEPOT have Flupentixol is comes under Sub class Anti Psychotics of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Psychotics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FLUANXOL DEPOT Has Generic Salt :: Flupentixol
FLUANXOL DEPOT Is From Company Lundbeck Priced :: Rs. 97.7
FLUANXOL DEPOT have Flupentixol is comes under Sub class Anti Psychotics of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Psychotics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Flupentixol||INJ||Rs. 97.7||1 ML|
Indications for Drugs ::
Schizophrenia, Psychoses, Depression
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Psychoses Initial: 3-9 mg twice daily. Max: 18 mg/day. Depression Initial: 1 mg/day, increase to 2 mg/day after 1 wk, then to 3 mg/day. Max: 3 mg/day. IM Psychoses As decanoate: Initial: 20 mg as a test dose. After at least 7 days and depending on response: Subsequent doses of 20-40 mg may be given 2-4 wkly. Usual maintenance: 50 mg 4 wkly to 300 mg 2 wkly, up to 400 mg/wk in severe cases.
Hypersensitivity. Extremely excitable and overactive patients; mania; porphyria; coma; preexisting CNS depression; bone-marrow supression; phaeochromocytoma. Lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Patients with convulsive disorders; advanced hepatic, renal, CV or resp disease; tasks requiring mental alertness; elderly (especially with dementia), and debilitated patients; neuroleptics with sedative effect must be withdrawn gradually; history of angle-closure glaucoma; urinary retention; prostatic hyperplasia; breast cancer, prolactin dependent tumours; parkinsonism; myasthenia gravis; pregnancy; Avoid direct sunlight.
Drug Side Effects ::
Rigidity, tremors, restlessness, tardive dyskinesia, insomnia, dryness of mouth, wt gain, sexual dysfunction, galactorrhoea and menstrual disturbances. Potentially Fatal: Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (hyperthermia, hypertonicity of skeletal muscles, unconsciousness and autonomic nervous system instability).
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Flupentixol is a thioxanthene antipsychotic that inhibits dopamine-mediated effects by blocking postsynaptic dopamine receptors in the CNS.
Drug Interactions ::
May potentiate the adverse effects of drugs with antimuscarinic effects e.g. TCAs. Reduced efficacy of levodopa. Increases adverse extrapyramidal symptoms with dopamine antagonists (metoclopramide and prochlorperazine). Potentially Fatal: Potentiates CNS effects of alcohol, general anaesthetics, hypnotics, anxiolytics and opioids. Blocks antihypertensive effect of guanethidine.