Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FLYKOF Has Generic Salt :: Diphenhydramine
- 2 FLYKOF Is From Company Parasol Priced :: Rs. 35
- 3 FLYKOF have Diphenhydramine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FLYKOF Has Generic Salt :: Diphenhydramine
FLYKOF Is From Company Parasol Priced :: Rs. 35
FLYKOF have Diphenhydramine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Allergic rhinitis, Allergic conditions, Motion sickness, Common cold, Insomnia, Extrapyramidal symptoms
Drug Dose ::
Oral Adult: As hydrochloride: 25-50 mg 3-4 times daily. Max: 300 mg/day. Child: 6.25-25 mg 3-4 times daily, up to 5 mg/kg in divided doses. Max: 300 mg/day. Treatment and prophylaxis of motion sickness Adult: As diphenhydramine di (acefyllinate): Usual dose: 90-135 mg, may repeat if needed at intervals of at least 6 hr. Max: 540 mg daily. For prevention, dose to be given at least 30 min before travelling.
Hypersensitivity ; neonates, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Epilepsy; elderly; performing tasks which require mental alertness; angle-closure glaucoma; pyroduodenal obstruction; urinary tract obstruction; hyperthyroidism; raised intraocular pressure; CV disease; acute asthma; pregnancy.
Drug Side Effects ::
CNS depression, dizziness, headache, sedation; paradoxical stimulation in children; dryness of mouth, thickened respiratory secretion, blurring of vision, urinary retention; GI disturbances; blood dyscrasias.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Diphenhydramine blocks histamine H1-receptors on effector cells of the GI tract, blood vessels and respiratory tract. It also causes sedation and has some anticholinergic action.
Drug Interactions ::
Masks ototoxicity produced by aminoglycosides. Increases gastric degradation of levodopa and decreases its absorption by reduction of gastric emptying. Antagonises therapeutic effects of cholinergic agents e.g. tacrine, donezepil and neuroleptics. Valerian, St. John’s wort, Kava Kava and gotu kola may increase CNS depression. Potentially Fatal: Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, barbiturates, analgesics, sedatives and neuroleptics. Additive antimuscarinic action with MAOIs, atropine and TCAs.