Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FORGEN Has Generic Salt :: Cefpirome
- 2 FORGEN Is From Company Alkem Priced :: Rs. 99.00/179.00
- 3 FORGEN have Cefpirome is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FORGEN Has Generic Salt :: Cefpirome
FORGEN Is From Company Alkem Priced :: Rs. 99.00/179.00
FORGEN have Cefpirome is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV 1-2 g 12 hrly. Renal impairment: Loading dose: 1-2 g followed by a maintenance dose adjusted according to CrCl. CrCl (ml/min) 20-50 0.5-1 g bid. 5-20 0.5-1 g once daily. <5 (in haemodialysis patients) 0.5 or 1 g once daily with half-dose after each dialysis session. Contraindication ::
Drug Precautions ::
Allergy to penicillin or to cephalosporins; renal impairment, monitor renal and haematological status; pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Rash, pruritus, urticaria; nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhoea; increased plasma levels of ASAT, ALAT, gamma-GT, LDH, bilirubin and/or alkaline phosphatase; interstitial nephritis, acute renal failure; thrombocytopaenia, eosinophilia, haemolytic anaemia, neutropaenia, agranulocytosis; thrombophloebitis, pain at Inj site; convulsions, fever; haemorrhage. Potentially Fatal: Pseudomembranous colitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cefpirome binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced clearance with probenecid.