Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FORMOST Has Generic Salt :: Formoterol
- 2 FORMOST Is From Company RESPICARE(GERMAN R.) Priced :: Rs. 130
- 3 FORMOST have Formoterol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FORMOST Has Generic Salt :: Formoterol
FORMOST Is From Company RESPICARE(GERMAN R.) Priced :: Rs. 130
FORMOST have Formoterol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Asthma,Chronic bronchitis, Emphysema, COPD
Drug Dose ::
Adult: Inhalation Acute bronchospasm; Reversible airways obstruction As inhalation cap: 12 mcg twice daily, up to 24 mcg twice daily in severe cases. As dry powd inhaler: 6 or 12 mcg 1-2 times/day, up to to 24 mcg twice daily in sever cases. As metered doses from aerosol inhaler: 12 or 24 mcg twice daily. Prevention of exercise-induced bronchospasm 6 or 12 mcg at least 15 mins before exercise. Additional doses may be given 12 hr later.
Drug Precautions ::
Thyrotoxicosis; severe CV disorders e.g. ischaemic heart disease, tachyarrhythmias or severe heart burn; prolonged QT-interval. DM; pregnancy; lactation; children <5 yr; do not initiate or increase the dose during an exacerbation. May produce paradoxical bronchospasm. Drug Side Effects ::
Tremor, headache, tiredness, restlessness, dizziness, dry mouth, palpitation, tachycardia, muscle cramps, nausea.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Formoterol relaxes the bronchial smooth muscle by selectively acting on ?2-receptors with minimal effect on heart rate. It has a long-acting effect.
Drug Interactions ::
Concomitant treatment with xanthine derivatives, steroids or diuretics may potentiate a possible hypokalaemic effect of ?-agonists. Increased susceptibility to cardiac arrhythmias in patients treated with digitalis. Concomitant use with quinidine, disopyramide, procainamide, phenothiazines, antihistamines, MAOI or TCAs can prolong the QT-interval and increase the risk of ventricular arrhythmias. L-dopa, L-thyroxine, oxytocin and alcohol can impair cardiac tolerance towards ?2-sympathomimetics. ?-adrenergic blockers can inhibit the effect of formoterol. Increased risk of arrhythmias in patients receiving concomitant anaesthesia with halogenated hydrocarbons.