Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name G-CEBRAN Has Generic Salt :: Gatifloxacin
- 2 G-CEBRAN Is From Company Blue Cross Priced :: Rs. 34.00/61.00
- 3 G-CEBRAN have Gatifloxacin is comes under Sub class Anti Infectives of Main Class Ocular
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Ocular Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Infectives
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name G-CEBRAN Has Generic Salt :: Gatifloxacin
G-CEBRAN Is From Company Blue Cross Priced :: Rs. 34.00/61.00
G-CEBRAN have Gatifloxacin is comes under Sub class Anti Infectives of Main Class Ocular
Main Medicine Class:: Ocular Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Infectives
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Uncomplicated gonorrhea, Susceptible infections, Respiratory tract infections, Urinary tract infections
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Susceptible infections 400 mg once daily for 7-14 days. Uncomplicated gonorrhoea; Uncomplicated UTI 400 mg as a single dose. IV Susceptible infections 400 mg once daily.
Hypersensitivity; children <18 yr; concurrent use of class IA or III antiarrhythmics, QT-prolongation drugs; diabetics; pregnancy, lactation. Drug Precautions ::
May prolong QT interval; uncorrected hypokalaemia; known or suspected CNS disorders, renal and hepatic impairment. Elderly.
Drug Side Effects ::
Rapid heartbeat, mental confusion, hallucinations, agitation, nightmares, depression; photophobia; tendon rupture; headache, dizziness, insomnia, chills, fever; back pain, abdominal pain; constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, inflammation of the tongue, mouth sores; abnormal vision, ringing in the ears, vaginitis. Potentially Fatal: Hyperosmolar nonketotic hyperglycaemic coma, diabetic ketoacidosis, hypoglycaemic coma, convulsions and mental status changes.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Gatifloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibacterial which acts by inhibiting DNA synthesis in susceptible organisms via inhibition of both DNA gyrase (essential for bacterial reproduction) and topoisomerase IV (essential during bacterial cell division).
Drug Interactions ::
Additive effect w/ drugs that prolong QT interval e.g. antiarrhythmic agents (amiodarone, quinidine, sotalol), arsenic trioxide, cisapride, chlorpromazine, droperidol, mefloquine, dolasetron, mesoridazine, moxifloxacin, pimozide, tacrolimus, pentamidine, thioridazine, ziprasidone. Increased risk of blood glucose disturbances w/ drugs that alter blood glucose concentrations (e.g. antidiabetics). Systemic admin may elevate plasma concentrations of theophylline, interfere caffeine metabolism, enhance effects of oral anticoagulant (warfarin and its derivatives), and transient elevations in serum creatinine w/ ciclosporin.