Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name GEMFOS Has Generic Salt :: RISEDRONATE
- 2 GEMFOS Is From Company ALKEM Priced :: Rs. 120
- 3 GEMFOS have RISEDRONATE is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name GEMFOS Has Generic Salt :: RISEDRONATE
GEMFOS Is From Company ALKEM Priced :: Rs. 120
GEMFOS have RISEDRONATE is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Paget’s disease of bone, postmenopausal or corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis, increase bone mass in men with osteoporosis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Paget’s disease of bone 30 mg once daily for 2 mth, repeat if needed after 2 mth interval. Treatment or prevention of postmenopausal or corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis 5 mg/day. For postmenopausal osteoporosis, 35 mg once wkly may be given. Increase bone mass in men w/ osteoporosis 35 mg once wkly. Increase bone mass in men with osteoporosis Adult: 35 mg once wkly. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) <30 Avoid use. Contraindication ::
Acute upper GI inflammation, pregnancy, hypocalcaemia and CrCl <30 ml/min. Drug Precautions ::
Correct hypocalcaemia prior to therapy. Monitor hepatic and renal function and WBC. Renal impairment; inability to remain in an upright position for at least 30 min after oral intake.
Drug Side Effects ::
Electrolyte disturbances; GI disturbances; musculoskeletal pain; headache; hypersensitivity reactions; blood disorders; liver enzyme disturbances. Bone, joint and/or muscle pain.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Risedronic acid inhibits bone resorption by inhibiting osteoclasts. It also prevents formation and dissolution of hydroxyapatite crystals, and therefore may interfere with bone mineralisation.
Drug Interactions ::
Co-admin with calcium, antacids or oral medications containing divalent cations may affect the absorption of risedronate. May have additive calcium lowering effects when used with aminoglycosides.