Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name GENODOX Has Generic Salt :: Doxorubicin
- 2 GENODOX Is From Company GENESIS ORG. Priced :: Rs. 195
- 3 GENODOX have Doxorubicin is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name GENODOX Has Generic Salt :: Doxorubicin
GENODOX Is From Company GENESIS ORG. Priced :: Rs. 195
GENODOX have Doxorubicin is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
AIDS-related Kaposi’s sarcoma, Ovarian carcinoma, Metastatic breast carcinoma, bladder carcinoma
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV AIDS-related Kaposi’s sarcoma As pegylated liposome: 20 mg/m2 once 2-3 wkly. Ovarian carcinoma As pegylated liposome: 50 mg/m2 once 4 wkly. Metastatic breast carcinoma w/ cyclophosphamide: 60-75 mg/m2 once 3 wkly. Irrigation Local malignant neoplasms in the bladder As 1 mg/mL soln: Instill 50 mL into the bladder for 1 hr once mthly.
Cardiac disease, neonates, pregnancy and lactation, prior irradiation to mediastinum. IM/SC admin. Severe myelosuppression due to previous treatment with antitumour agents or radiotherapy.
Drug Precautions ::
Elderly, children, hepatic impairment. Monitor blood counts and ECG.
Drug Side Effects ::
Leucopenia, thrombocytopenia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea. Rarely facial flushing, rash, alopecia. Blurred vision, headache, seizures, paraesthesia, confusion, malaise, lethargy, skin pigmentation. Potentially Fatal: Bone marrow suppression, cardiotoxicity.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Doxorubicin is a cytotoxic anthracycline antibiotic. The cytotoxic action results from its binding to DNA and inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis. Doxorubicin has been shown to produce regression in a variety of disseminated malignancies.
Drug Interactions ::
Doxorubicin interacts with a number of other drugs e.g. antibiotics (aminoglycosides), steroids, aminophylline and propranolol. Potentially Fatal: Cholestasis induced by mercaptopurine may be potentiated by concurrent administration of the drug. Toxicity may be increased if streptozocin is given concurrently.