Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name GLIMTIDE Has Generic Salt :: Glimepiride
- 2 GLIMTIDE Is From Company Mano Priced :: Rs. 44
- 3 GLIMTIDE have Glimepiride is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name GLIMTIDE Has Generic Salt :: Glimepiride
GLIMTIDE Is From Company Mano Priced :: Rs. 44
GLIMTIDE have Glimepiride is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Type 2 DM
Drug Dose ::
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Adult: Initially, 1-2 mg daily. May be increased in increments of 1-2 mg at intervals of 1-2 wk. Maintenance: 4 mg daily. Max: 6 mg daily. Elderly: Initially, 1 mg once daily. Hepatic impairment: Severe: Contraindicated.
Diabetic ketoacidosis with or without coma.
Drug Precautions ::
Increased risk of CV mortality. Elderly; hepatic and renal impairment. Syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) in patients with CHF or hepatic cirrhosis. Monitor blood-glucose concentration. Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Vomiting, GI pain, diarrhoea; pruritus, erythema, urticaria, morbilliform, maculopapular eruptions; leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, haemolytic anaemia, aplastic anaemia and pancytopenia; hyponatraemia; changes in accommodation, blurred vision, jaundice.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Glimepiride stimulates the insulin release from pancreatic ?-cells and reduces glucose output from the liver. It also increases insulin sensitivity at peripheral target sites.
Drug Interactions ::
Salicylates, sulfonamides, chloramphenicol, clarithromycin, coumarin anticoagulants, probenecid, CYP2C9 inhibitors, fibric acid derivatives, disopyramide, fluoxetine, quinolones, ACE inhibitors, MAOIs and ?-blockers may potentiate the hypoglycaemic action of glimepiride. Thiazides and other diuretics, corticosteroids, phenothiazines, thyroid products, oestrogens, phenytoin, nicotinic acid, sympathomimetics and CYP2C9 inducers may reduce hypoglycaemic effect of glimepiride. Reduced plasma concentration w/ colesevelam.