Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name HALOTHANE Has Generic Salt :: Halothane
- 2 HALOTHANE Is From Company RAMAN & WEIL Priced :: Rs. 260.00/390.00
- 3 HALOTHANE have Halothane is comes under Sub class General Anesthetics of Main Class Anesthetics
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anesthetics Sub Medicine Class :: General Anesthetics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name HALOTHANE Has Generic Salt :: Halothane
HALOTHANE Is From Company RAMAN & WEIL Priced :: Rs. 260.00/390.00
HALOTHANE have Halothane is comes under Sub class General Anesthetics of Main Class Anesthetics
Main Medicine Class:: Anesthetics Sub Medicine Class :: General Anesthetics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: Inhalation Induction: 2-4% v/v in O2 or mixtures of nitrous oxide and O2. Maintenance: 0.5-2% v/v depending on the flow rate used.
Obstetrics; malignant hyperthermia; porphyria.
Drug Precautions ::
Phaeochromocytoma; poor cardiac/liver function, early pregnancy. Premedication with atropine is recommended to decrease vagal tone and prevent bradycardia and severe hypotension. May trigger malignant hyperthermia and increase intracranial pressure. Increased risk of hyperkalaemia in paediatrics with underlying neuromuscular disorders. May reduce hepatic, renal and splenic blood flow.
Drug Side Effects ::
Bradycardia, hypotension, cardiac arrhythmias, respiratory depression, shivering during recovery (occasional), hepatitis (multiple exposure). Potentially Fatal: Fulminant hepatic failure, malignant hyperpyrexia and pulmonary oedema.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Halothane causes reversible CNS depression; sympathetic system is more depressed than the parasympathetic. Respiration is progressively depressed. BP, heart rate, cardiac output and coronary blood flow are reduced.
Drug Interactions ::
Adrenaline, other sympathomimetics, and theophylline can produce cardiac arrhythmias. Morphine and chlorpromazine may increase depressant effects of halothane on respiration. Increased risk of phenytoin intoxication when used together. Midazolam may potentiate the anaesthetic action of halothane. Potentially Fatal: Dopaminergics increase the risk of ventricular arrhythmias. Neuromuscular blocking drugs are potentiated by halothane.