Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name HEPEXA-M Has Generic Salt :: Ursodeoxycholic
- 2 HEPEXA-M Is From Company ERIS LIFE Priced :: Rs. 140
- 3 HEPEXA-M have Ursodeoxycholic is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name HEPEXA-M Has Generic Salt :: Ursodeoxycholic
HEPEXA-M Is From Company ERIS LIFE Priced :: Rs. 140
HEPEXA-M have Ursodeoxycholic is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Dissolution of cholesterol-rich gallstones, Primary biliary cirrhosis, Prevention of gallstones
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Dissolution of cholesterol-rich gallstones 6-12 mg/kg/day as a single dose at bedtime after radiological disappearance of stones. Max: 15 mg/kg. Primary biliary cirrhosis 10-15 mg/kg/day in 2-4 divided doses. Prevention of gallstones in patients undergoing rapid wt loss 300 mg twice daily.
Calcified and pigment gallstones, radio opaque gallstones. Nonfunctioning gall bladders; chronic liver and peptic ulcer disease. Inflammatory disease of colon and small intestine. Pregnancy.
Drug Precautions ::
50% of successfully treated patients will develop further gallstones within 10 yr. Lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Diarrhoea, pruritus, nausea, vomiting, gallstone calcification.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ursodeoxycholic acid suppresses hepatic synthesis and secretion of cholesterol and also inhibits intestinal absorption of cholesterol.
Drug Interactions ::
Cholestyramine, charcoal and antacids may reduce effectiveness. Aluminum-based antacids may reduce absorption. Oestrogens and clofibrate may counteract effectiveness of ursodeoxycholic acid by increasing cholesterol elimination in bile. Possible increase in ciclosporin serum concentration. Decreased effectiveness of dapsone. Possible decrease in serum ciprofloxacin and nitrendipine.