Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name HUMATROPE IU Has Generic Salt :: Somatropin
- 2 HUMATROPE IU Is From Company Eli Lilly Priced :: Rs. 1500
- 3 HUMATROPE IU have Somatropin is comes under Sub class Pituitary Hormones,Gonadotropins of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Pituitary Hormones,Gonadotropins
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name HUMATROPE IU Has Generic Salt :: Somatropin
HUMATROPE IU Is From Company Eli Lilly Priced :: Rs. 1500
HUMATROPE IU have Somatropin is comes under Sub class Pituitary Hormones,Gonadotropins of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Pituitary Hormones,Gonadotropins
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Growth hormone deficiency, HIV-associated wasting or cachexia, Short bowel syndrome
Drug Dose ::
Adult: Subcutaneous: Growth hormone deficiency Initial: 6 mcg/kg/day. May increase dose gradually. Max: 12.5 mcg/kg/day. Child: 25-35 mcg/kg daily. Reassess 9 mth after starting treatment. HIV-associated wasting or cachexia 0.1 mg/kg/day at bedtime. May take on alternate days for patients at increased risk of adverse effects. Max: 6 mg/day. Short bowel syndrome100 mcg/kg/day for 4 wk. Max: 8 mg/day. Growth retardation in children who were born small for gestational age Child: 35 mcg/kg or 1 mg/m2 daily. Max: 2.7 mg daily. Turner’s syndrome Child: 45-50 mcg/kg or 1.4 mg/m2 daily.
Acute critical illness due to heart or abdominal surgery, multiple accidental trauma or respiratory failure; active neoplasms, proliferative or preproliferative diabetic retinopathy; lactation; patients with closed epiphyses. Intracranial lesions. Patients with Prader-Willi syndrome who are severely obese or have severe respiratory impairment.
Drug Precautions ::
Monitor thyroid function; benign intracranial hypertension. DM; may require dose reduction in insulin. Pregnancy. Discontinue treatment if there is evidence of tumour growth. Monitoring in patients with scoliosis is recommended due to risk of progression of scoliosis.
Drug Side Effects ::
Hypothyroidism, peripheral oedema; headache; muscle and joint pain; benign intracranial hypertension. Loss of glycaemic control in diabetics.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Somatropin is a synthetic human growth hormone of recombinant DNA origin. It stimulates skeletal and soft tissue growth by promoting cell division, amino acid uptake and protein synthesis. It also possesses both insulin-like and diabetogenic effects.
Drug Interactions ::
High doses of corticosteroid may inhibit growth-promoting effects of somatropin.