Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name IBSINORM Has Generic Salt :: Tegaserod
- 2 IBSINORM Is From Company Sun Priced :: Rs. 25.00/55.00
- 3 IBSINORM have Tegaserod is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name IBSINORM Has Generic Salt :: Tegaserod
IBSINORM Is From Company Sun Priced :: Rs. 25.00/55.00
IBSINORM have Tegaserod is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Irritable bowel syndrome and constipation
Drug Dose ::
Chronic idiopathic constipation, Constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome Adult: 6 mg taken bid for 4-6 wk continued for another 4-6 wk in responsive patients. Renal impairment: Severe impairment: Not recommended. Hepatic impairment: Moderate to severe impairment: Not recommended.
Severe renal or moderate to severe hepatic impairment; history of bowel obstruction or symptomatic gallbladder disease; suspected sphincter of Oddi dysfunction or abdominal adhesions; known hypersensitivity. Patients currently experiencing or who frequently experience diarrhoea. Lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Discontinue immediately if rectal bleeding, bloody diarrhoea, new or sudden worsening of abdominal pain occurs. Mild hepatic impairment; child <18 yr; pregnancy. Drug Side Effects ::
Diarrhoea, abdominal pain, nausea, flatulence, headache, dizziness, migraine, leg or back pain, arthropathy, insomnia, hypotension, arrhythmia, ischaemic colitis. Potentially Fatal: MI, stroke.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Tegaserod is a 5-HT4 receptor partial agonist that binds with high affinity at human 5-HT4 receptors, whereas it has no appreciable affinity for 5-HT3 or dopamine receptors. It has moderate affinity for 5-HT1 receptors. Tegaserod, by acting as an agonist at neuronal 5-HT4 receptors, triggers the release of further neurotransmitters such as calcitonin gene-related peptide from sensory neurons. The activation of 5-HT4 receptors in the gastrointestinal tract stimulates the peristaltic reflex and intestinal secretion, as well as inhibits visceral sensitivity.
Drug Interactions ::