Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ICEL Has Generic Salt :: Celecoxib
- 2 ICEL Is From Company Zydus Cadila Priced :: Rs. 70
- 3 ICEL have Celecoxib is comes under Sub class Analgesics , Anti inflammatory Drugs of Main Class Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain Sub Medicine Class :: Analgesics , Anti inflammatory Drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ICEL Has Generic Salt :: Celecoxib
ICEL Is From Company Zydus Cadila Priced :: Rs. 70
ICEL have Celecoxib is comes under Sub class Analgesics , Anti inflammatory Drugs of Main Class Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain
Main Medicine Class:: Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain Sub Medicine Class :: Analgesics , Anti inflammatory Drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Dysmenorrhea, Acute pain, Familial adenomatous polyposis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Osteoarthritis 200 mg 1-2 times/day. May increase to 200 mg 2 times daily if needed. Rheumatoid arthritis 100-200 mg 2 times daily. Juvenile idiopathic arthritis Child: >2 yr ?10 kg to <25 kg: 50 mg bid; >25 kg: 100 mg bid. Pain relief; Dysmenorrhea Initial: 400 mg followed by 200 mg on the 1st day if needed. Maintenance: 200 mg 2 times daily. Familial adenomatous polyposis 400 mg 2 times daily. Hepatic impairment: Moderate (Child-Pugh category B): Reduce dose by 50%. Severe (Child-Pugh category C or >10 score): Contraindicated.
Hypersensitivity including those in whom attacks of angioedema, rhinitis and urticaria have been precipitated by aspirin, NSAIDs or sulfonamides. Severe hepatic impairment; severe heart failure; inflammatory bowel disease; peptic ulcer; renal impairment (creatinine clearance <30 mL/min); pregnancy and lactation. Drug Precautions ::
History of GI bleeding; renal/hepatic insufficiency; asthma or allergic disorders; hypertension; monitor Hb or haematocrit levels for signs of anaemia. History of cerebrovascular disease or ischaemic heart disease (IHD).
Drug Side Effects ::
Abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, oedema, dizziness, headache, insomnia, upper respiratory tract infections (URTI); rash. Potentially Fatal: Serious skin reactions such as exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Celecoxib is a selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor primarily responsible to reduce mediators of pain and inflammation. Its action is due to inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis via inhibition of COX-2.
Drug Interactions ::
May increase plasma level w/ CYP2C9 isoenzymes (e.g. fluconazole). May increase serum level of lithium. May reduce effect of antihypertensives and diuretics. May increase anticoagulant effect of warfarin.