Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name IDIBEND Has Generic Salt :: Mebendazole
- 2 IDIBEND Is From Company Idpl Priced :: Rs. 5.15
- 3 IDIBEND have Mebendazole is comes under Sub class Anthelmintics of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anthelmintics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name IDIBEND Has Generic Salt :: Mebendazole
IDIBEND Is From Company Idpl Priced :: Rs. 5.15
IDIBEND have Mebendazole is comes under Sub class Anthelmintics of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anthelmintics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Enterobiasis, Hookworm infections, Filariasis, Toxocariasis, Ascarisis, Trichuriasis, Trichostrongyliasis, Trichinellosis, Dracunculiasis
Drug Dose ::
100 mg tablet and suspension have the same dosage schedule applies to Adults & Children: Enterobiasis : A single tablet or 1 teaspoonful (5 ml) of the suspension. Ascariasis, Ancylostomiasis, Trichuriasis : 2 tablets in two divided doses for 3 consecutive days or 2 teaspoonful (10 ml) in two divided doses for 3 consecutive days. Taeniasis & strongyloidiasis : Adults : 2 tablets twice daily for 3 consecutive days. Children: 1 tablet or 1 teaspoonful (5 ml) twice daily for 3 consecutive days.
Hypersensitivity. Infants and children <2 yr. Drug Precautions ::
Monitor blood counts and hepatic function especially in patients receiving high doses. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Transient diarrhoea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, tinnitus, numbness, fever and dizziness. Potentially Fatal: Myelosuppression (high doses).
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Mebendazole inhibits formation of helminth microtubules. It selectively and irreversibly blocks the uptake of glucose and other nutrients in susceptible helminths, resulting in endogenous depletion of glycogen stores in the helminth.
Drug Interactions ::
Decreased plasma concentrations w/ carbamazepine and phenytoin. Increased plasma concentrations w/ cimetidine.