Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name IFOCIP Has Generic Salt :: Ifosfamide
- 2 IFOCIP Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 330
- 3 IFOCIP have Ifosfamide is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name IFOCIP Has Generic Salt :: Ifosfamide
IFOCIP Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 330
IFOCIP have Ifosfamide is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Breast cancer, Lung cancer, Ovarian cancer, Lymphoma, Testicular cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Osteogenic sarcoma, Cervical cancer
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Lymphoma; Sarcoma; Solid tumours Different licensed dosage regimens are available. 8-12 g/m2 divided over 3-5 days, repeat course 2-4 wkly. Germ cell testicular carcinoma W/ mesna and adequate hydration: 1.2 g/m2/day for 5 days, repeat treatment 3 wkly or after recovery from haematological toxicity. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) <10 Administer 75% of dose. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity; severe bone-marrow depression. Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Hepatic or renal dysfunction, compromised bone marrow reserve. Use with mesna and ensure high oral/IV fluid intake to reduce urotoxic effects.
Drug Side Effects ::
Confusion, alopoecia, nausea, vomiting, phloebitis, somnolence, depression, hallucinations. Wound healing may be impaired during ifosfamide use. Potentially Fatal: Severe myelosuppression, haemorrhagic cystitis, nephrotoxicity, cardiotoxicity, coma.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ifosfamide is converted to its active metabolites via hepatic microsomal enzymes. These active metabolites act as alkylating agents, disrupting DNA and protein synthesis of the target cells. It is routinely given with mesna to reduce urothelial toxicity.
Drug Interactions ::
Causes enhanced toxicity with allopurinol, cisplatin. Ifosfamide enhances the anticoagulant effect of warfarin. CYP2A6 inducers (e.g. amobarbital, pentobarbital, phenobarbital, rifampin and secobarbital) may reduce serum levels of ifosfamide while the inhibitors (e.g. isoniazid, methoxsalen and miconazole) may increase its serum levels. CYP3A4 inducers (e.g. aminoglutethimide, carbamazepine, nafcillin, nevirapine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, and rifamycins) may reduce serum levels of ifosfamide while the inhibitors (e.g. azole antifungals, clarithromycin, diclofenac, doxycycline, erythromycin, imatinib, isoniazid) may increase its serum levels.