Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ISOKIN Has Generic Salt :: Isoniazid
- 2 ISOKIN Is From Company PFIZER Priced :: Rs. 13.18
- 3 ISOKIN have Isoniazid is comes under Sub class Drugs for Tuberculosis of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Tuberculosis
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ISOKIN Has Generic Salt :: Isoniazid
ISOKIN Is From Company PFIZER Priced :: Rs. 13.18
ISOKIN have Isoniazid is comes under Sub class Drugs for Tuberculosis of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Tuberculosis
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Active tuberculosis 5 mg/kg/day. Max: 300 mg/day or 15 mg/kg up to 900 mg/day, 2 or 3 times wkly. Latent tuberculosis 300 mg/day for 6 mth. Nontuberculous mycobacterial infections 5 mg/kg/day for at least 12 mth of culture-negative sputum. Max: 300 mg/day. Child: 10-15 mg/kg up to 300 mg daily as a single dose or 20-40 mg/kg up to 900 mg/day, 2 or 3 times wkly.
Acute liver disease or history of hepatic damage during INH therapy; hypersensitivity.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal or hepatic impairment; convulsive disorders; history of psychosis; patients at risk of neuropathy or pyridoxine deficiency eg, diabetic, alcoholic, malnourished, uraemic, infected with HIV. Careful monitoring of hepatic function is necessary for black and hispanic women. Check hepatic function before and during treatment. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Peripheral neuritis, optic neuritis; psychotic reactions, convulsions, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, epigastric distress, visual disturbances, fever, rash, pyridoxine deficiency. Potentially Fatal: Hepatotoxicity.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Isoniazid inhibits the synthesis of mycoloic acids in susceptible bacteria which results in loss of acid-fastness and disruption of bacterial cell wall. At therapeutic levels, it is bacteriocidal against actively growing intracellular and extracellular Mycobacterium tuberculosis organisms.
Drug Interactions ::
Inhibit the hepatic metabolism of antiepileptics (e.g. carbamazepine, ethosuximide, primidone, phenytoin), benzodiazepines (e.g. diazepam, triazolam), chlorzoxazone, theophylline, disulfiram, sometimes leading to increased toxicity. Increased metabolism of enflurane, resulting in potentially nephrotoxic levels of fluoride. Increased concentrations and enhanced effects or toxicity of clofazimine, cycloserine and warfarin. Reduced absorption w/ Al-containing antacids. Increased risk of peripheral neuropathy w/ zalcitabine and stavudine.