Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name K-PIO Has Generic Salt :: Pioglitazone
- 2 K-PIO Is From Company Blue Cross Priced :: Rs. 13.00/18.00
- 3 K-PIO have Pioglitazone is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name K-PIO Has Generic Salt :: Pioglitazone
K-PIO Is From Company Blue Cross Priced :: Rs. 13.00/18.00
K-PIO have Pioglitazone is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Type 2 DM
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO 15 mg once daily. Please see the precaution.
Hypersensitivity. Type 1 diabetes mellitus, symptomatic or history of heart failure, diabetic ketoacidosis, childn <18 yr. Lactation. Drug Precautions ::
I. Liver Enzyme must be monitored regularly II. History of heart failure and MI should be verified III. Incidence of bladder cancer should be verified IV. Not to be used for elderly patients V. Not to be used continuously more than one year VI. Use only by Specialist advice. Increased risk of hypoglycaemia when used with insulin or oral hypoglycaemics. Oedema, congestive heart failure, hepatic dysfunction, jaundice, anaemia. May cause ovulation in premenopausal, anovulatory women. Monitor liver function before and during treatment. Monitor glycaemic control. Pregnancy. Caution when oral contraceptives or hormonal replacement therapy is used in diabetics due to increased risk of arterial diseases. Stop treatment if ALT increases and remains >3 times above the upper limit of normal or if jaundice develops.
Drug Side Effects ::
Pharyngitis, oedema, headache, upper resp tract infection, sinusitis, anaemia; GI disturbances, wt gain, visual disturbances, dizziness, arthralgia, haematuria, impotence.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pioglitazone is as a potent and highly selective agonist for the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-? (PPAR-?). Activation of these receptors promotes the production of gene products involved in lipid and glucose metabolism. It also improves insulin response to target cells w/o increasing the pancreatic secretion of insulin.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of oedema w/ insulin, metformin and sulfonylureas. Increased plasma levels w/ gemfibrozil and ketoconazole. Decreased plasma levels w/ rifampicin.