Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name KAST Has Generic Salt :: Montelukast
- 2 KAST Is From Company RND LAB Priced :: Rs. 83.2
- 3 KAST have Montelukast is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name KAST Has Generic Salt :: Montelukast
KAST Is From Company RND LAB Priced :: Rs. 83.2
KAST have Montelukast is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Asthma, Allergic rhinitis
Drug Dose ::
Adults (15 years of age or over): 10 mg daily to be taken in the evening. Chronic asthma; Allergic rhinitis 10 mg/day once in the evening. Prophylaxis of exercise-induced asthma 10 mg at least 2 hr before exercise; do not admin additional doses w/in 24 hr. Children (6-14 years of age): 5 mg daily to be taken in the evening. Children (2-5 years of age): 4 mg daily to be taken in the evening
Drug Precautions ::
Not for the relief of acute bronchospasm. Not to be used as monotherapy for the prevention of exercise-induced bronchospasm. Patients in whom asthma is precipitated by aspirin or other NSAIDs should continue to avoid aspirin and NSAIDs. Do not abruptly substitute for oral or inhaled corticosteroids. Be alert for any signs of Churg-Strauss syndrome. Pregnancy and lactation. Children <6 mth. Drug Side Effects ::
Dizziness, fatigue, fever; rash; abdominal pain, dyspepsia, dental pain, gastroenteritis; increased AST; weakness; cough, nasal congestion. Aggression, agitation, angioedema, arthralgia, bleeding tendency, bruising, cholestasis, diarrhoea, dream abnormalities, drowsiness, oedema, eosinophilia, hallucinations, hepatic eosinophilic infiltration (rare), hepatitis, hypersensitivity, hypoaesthesia, insomnia, irritability, muscle cramps, myalgia, nausea, palpitation, pancreatitis, paraesthesia, pruritus, restlessness, seizure, urticaria, vasculitis, vomiting. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis, Churg-Strauss syndrome.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Montelukast is a selective leukotriene receptor antagonist that blocks the effects of cysteinyl leukotrienes in the airways.
Drug Interactions ::
nduced hepatic metabolism resulting to decreased plasma concentration w/ potent inducers of cytochrome P450 isoenzymes (e.g. phenobarbital, phenytoin, rifampicin).