Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name KLOX Has Generic Salt :: Cloxacillin
- 2 KLOX Is From Company HETERO HC. Priced :: Rs. 8.82
- 3 KLOX have Cloxacillin is comes under Sub class Penicillins of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Penicillins
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name KLOX Has Generic Salt :: Cloxacillin
KLOX Is From Company HETERO HC. Priced :: Rs. 8.82
KLOX have Cloxacillin is comes under Sub class Penicillins of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Penicillins
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Bacterial infections, Staphylococcal infections resistant to benzylpenicillin, Bacterial Meningitis caused by Staphylococcus, Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Staphylococcus, Lower Respiratory Tract Infection, Urinary Tract Infection caused by Staphylococcus Aureus
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO 250-500 mg 4 times/day. Child: 50-100 mg/kg in divided doses every 6 hr.
Hypersensitivity to penicillins.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal impairment; pregnancy and lactation. Porphyria.
Drug Side Effects ::
Neutropenia, agranulocytosis; GI upsets; rash. Sore mouth or tongue. Black hairy tongue. Potentially Fatal: Neuromuscular hypersensitivity; pseudomembranous colitis; anaphylaxis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cloxacillin is resistant to degradation by penicillinases. It is particularly useful against penicillinase-producing staphylococci. Highly active against S aureus, S pyogenes, S viridans and S pneumoniae.
Drug Interactions ::
May diminish the effect of BCG and typhoid vaccine. May increase risk of methotrexate toxicity. May diminish the therapeutic effect of Na picosulfate. May decrease serum concentrations of mycophenolate. May prolong bleeding time w/ anticoagulants. Increased serum concentrations w/ probenecid. Tetracycline may antagonise the bactericidal effect of cloxacillin.