Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name LATOPROST Has Generic Salt :: Latanoprost
- 2 LATOPROST Is From Company Milmet Priced :: Rs. 310
- 3 LATOPROST have Latanoprost is comes under Sub class Anti Glaucoma Drugs of Main Class Ocular
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Ocular Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Glaucoma Drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name LATOPROST Has Generic Salt :: Latanoprost
LATOPROST Is From Company Milmet Priced :: Rs. 310
LATOPROST have Latanoprost is comes under Sub class Anti Glaucoma Drugs of Main Class Ocular
Main Medicine Class:: Ocular Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Glaucoma Drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Open-angle glaucoma, Ocular HTN
Drug Dose ::
Adult: Ophth Ocular HTN; Open-angle glaucoma: Instill 1 drop once daily.
Drug Precautions ::
Prolonged treatment with latanoprost may change eye colour by increasing the amount of brown pigment in the iris especially in patients with mixed coloured irides; regular eye examination is recommended. Caution when used in aphakic patients due to risk of macular oedema. Contact lenses should be removed during application and reinserted at least 15 minutes after application. May cause transient blurring of vision; patients should not drive or operate machinery until this resolves. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Increased iris pigmentation, eye irritation, eye pain, stinging and burning sensation. Rarely, bradycardia, arrhythmia, CHF, bronchospasm and allergic reactions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Latanoprost is an analogue of prostaglandin F2?; it reduces intraocular pressure (IOP) by increasing outflow of aqueous humour. Timolol is a non-selective adrenergic blocker. It lowers IOP by decreasing the formation of aqueous by the ciliary epithelium.
Drug Interactions ::
Additive effect on the intraocular pressure and other systemic effects may occur when used with oral beta-blockers, calcium channel blockers, guanethidine, antiarrhythmics, digitalis glycosides or parasympathomimetics. Concurrent use of >2 ophthalmic prostaglandin analogues may lead to paradoxical increase in intraocular pressure. Mydriasis may occur when used concurrently with epinephrine. beta-blocker may increase hypoglycaemic effect of antidiabetic agents.