Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name LENOR Has Generic Salt :: Levonorgestrel
- 2 LENOR Is From Company Unicure Priced :: Rs. 35
- 3 LENOR have Levonorgestrel is comes under Sub class Contraceptive Drugs of Main Class Reproductive System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Reproductive System Sub Medicine Class :: Contraceptive Drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name LENOR Has Generic Salt :: Levonorgestrel
LENOR Is From Company Unicure Priced :: Rs. 35
LENOR have Levonorgestrel is comes under Sub class Contraceptive Drugs of Main Class Reproductive System
Main Medicine Class:: Reproductive System Sub Medicine Class :: Contraceptive Drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Contraception , Emergency contraception , Menopausal hormone replacement therapy , Menorrhagia,
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Contraception Monotherapy: 30 or 37.5 mcg/day. Monophasic combined oral contraceptive (COC): 150-250 mcg/day. Triphasic COC: 50-125 mcg/day. Emergency contraception 1.5 mg w/in 72 hr of coitus or 750 mcg immediately or w/in 72 hr of coitus, then a 2nd dose 12 hr later. Menopausal HRT As progestogenic component: 75-250 mcg/day for 10-12 days of 28-day cycle.
Pregnancy, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, severe arterial disease; liver adenoma, porphyria; after recent evacuation of hydatidiform mole; history of breast cancer; hepatic impairment.
Drug Precautions ::
Sex-steroid dependent cancer, past ectopic pregnancy, malabsorption syndromes, functional ovarian cysts, active liver disease, recurrent cholestatic jaundice, history of jaundice in pregnancy, CV or renal impairment, DM, asthma, epilepsy, migraine, conditions aggravated by fluid retention, depression and thromboembolism (high doses); lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Menstrual irregularities; nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, breast discomfort, gynaecomastia, depression, skin disorders, disturbance of appetite, wt changes, fluid retention, oedema, changes in libido, cholestatic jaundice, hair loss or hirsutism. Benign intracranial hypertension, thrombocytopenic purpura. Potentially Fatal: Thrombocytopenia, stroke.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Levonorgestrel, a nortestosterone derivative, is an active isomer of norgestrel. It is a potent inhibitor of ovulation and has androgenic activity.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced efficacy with enzyme-inducing drugs; aminoglutethimide. May inhibit ciclosporin metabolism.