Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name LEUKOCEL Has Generic Salt :: Hydroxyurea
- 2 LEUKOCEL Is From Company CELON(VIVILON) Priced :: Rs. 140
- 3 LEUKOCEL have Hydroxyurea is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name LEUKOCEL Has Generic Salt :: Hydroxyurea
LEUKOCEL Is From Company CELON(VIVILON) Priced :: Rs. 140
LEUKOCEL have Hydroxyurea is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Chronic myeloid leukaemia, Psoriasis, Myeloproliferative disorders, Sickle-cell disease, Essential thrombocythemia, AIDS
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Malignancies Chronic myeloid leukaemia: 20-30 mg/kg/day. Solid tumours: 80 mg/kg every third day. With radiotherapy, start treatment 7 days before initiation of radiotherapy. Sickle-cell disease Initial: 15 mg/kg/day. Max: 35 mg/kg/day. Adjust based on response and blood counts. Essential thrombocythemia 15 mg/kg/day. Adjust based on platelet counts.
Severe bone-marrow suppression, severe anaemia, WBC <3000/mm3 or platelet count <100,000/mm3. Pregnancy and lactation. Hypersensitivity. Drug Precautions ::
Regular monitoring of uric acid concentrations, blood counts, renal and hepatic function is recommended. Prior irradiation therapy. Elderly. Avoid use of live vaccines.
Drug Side Effects ::
GI disturbances, renal impairment, pulmonary oedema, dermatological reactions, headache, dizziness. Disorientation, drowsiness, hallucinations, convulsions, alopecia. Potentially Fatal: Bone marrow suppression.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Unknown; inhibits DNA synthesis in S phase.
Drug Interactions ::
Other antineoplastic drugs or irradiation, cytarabine (ara-C) & fluoropyrimidines.