Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name LOMFLOX Has Generic Salt :: Lomefloxacin
- 2 LOMFLOX Is From Company Ipca Priced :: Rs. 45
- 3 LOMFLOX have Lomefloxacin is comes under Sub class Quinolones of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Quinolones
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name LOMFLOX Has Generic Salt :: Lomefloxacin
LOMFLOX Is From Company Ipca Priced :: Rs. 45
LOMFLOX have Lomefloxacin is comes under Sub class Quinolones of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Quinolones
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Chronic bronchitis, Otitis media, Bacterial Conjunctivitis, Urinary tract infections, Surgical Prophylaxis, Otitis externa
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis 400 mg once daily for 10 days. Surgical prophylaxis 400 mg as a single dose 1-6 hr pre-op. Uncomplicated UTI 400 mg once daily. Treament duration depends on bacterial strains: E. coli: 3 days. K. pneumoniae, P. mirabilis or S. saprophyticus : 10 days. Complicated UTI 400 mg once daily for 14 days. Renal impairment: Haemodialysis: Initially, 400 mg daily. Maintenance: 200 mg daily. CrCl (ml/min) 10-40 Initially, 400 mg daily. Maintenance: 200 mg daily.
Hypersensitivity to the drug or other quinolones; children <18 yr; pregnancy and lactation. Drug Precautions ::
Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or artificial UV light. Known or suspected CNS disorders e.g. severe cerebral arteriosclerosis, epilepsy or other factors that predispose to seizures. Avoid in patients with known QT prolongation, uncorrected hypokalaemia. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Renal impairment.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, abdominal pain or discomfort, diarrhoea; headache, dizziness, insomnia; rash, pruritus, photosensitivity; thrombocytopenia. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylactic or anaphylactoid reactions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Lomefloxacin promotes breakage of double-stranded DNA in susceptible organisms and inhibits DNA gyrase, which is essential in reproduction of bacterial DNA.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced bioavailability with sucralfate, antacids containing magnesium or aluminium, vitamin or mineral supplements containing iron. Increased serum levels with cimetidine. Potential increase in serum levels of ciclosporin. Renal elimination reduced with probenecid. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of ventricular arrhythmias with class IA (quinidine, procainamide) or class III (amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmic agents.